Monday, March 23, 2009

Knowing reviewed by me!


Yes, I highly recommend Knowing, after seeing it this saturday with my children. Now first off, I would say that it is kinda rough for younger children, but once the movie was over my kids understood why it had to be so scary. Without going into much detail and avoiding spoiling it for anyone that hasn't seen it yet, it is a compelling story and it takes a major turn towards the end. Nick Cage plays the lead as a father who has lost his wife and maybe with that his loss of belief that life has choices or if it is all pre determined. His child on the other hand is a curious mind who wants to know it all. Throughout out the movie the battle between fact and fiction take center stage, and Cages character struggles to accept the truth. If you are a fan of  director's Alex Proyas' earlier work, of say, Dark City, you might find some similarities that hint to where the story may go. But even for me I was surprised at the end. If you want to boil it down I would say it is a suspense thriller mixed with science fiction with a little relegion thrown into the mix. I rate it 3 out of 4 stars and definitely worth seeing!

No comments: